“Aiming high; learning together; living together”
Promoting Fundamental British Values.
Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
Characteristics of British Values:
- democracy – Understanding how we can influence decision making through democratic process
- rule of law – Ensure school rules are clear and fair and that you know right from wrong
- individual liberty – Encourage pupils to take responsibility for their behaviour by making the right behaviour choices
- mutual respect – Understand the importance of identifying and combating discrimination
- tolerance – Understanding that the freedom to choose and hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law
Our Hemington School Characteristics Are:
- integrity – Maker of right choices
- resilient – Never giver upper
- empathy – Helper of others
- citizen – Member of the community
- courage – Takes up new challenges